January 8, 2010

Week 1: So Far, So Good

We are officially one week into the new year and I have already made some notable progress toward my goals.

The rewarding feeling of extreme stiffness in my legs is a result of working out every day this week, both at the gym and at home. After today, I'll only have to work out 95 more times this year to get that snazzy t-shirt I have my eyes on. According to the scale, the hard work is paying off. I am down 2.5 pounds this week. That may not sound like a lot (especially when you watch The Biggest Loser and they're dropping 15-30 pounds in the first week), but that's a pretty good number for me. I'd be ecstatic if I could lose that every week!

I am almost done with my first book of the year - The Blogging Church. I'm very excited about everything I'm learning and how I'm going to apply it to First Baptist Raytown's blog. I had to laugh because there was an entire chapter about building a bad blog, and I'm pretty sure they checked out our blog before writing it. The FBR Blog is fine for the first blog the church has had, but it is incredibly horrible in the grand scheme of the blogosphere. I'm hoping to change that. Check out the progress at fbrblog.wordpress.com.

Well, one week down. Fifty one to go. As long as my legs don't feel like this the whole time, I think it's going to be a very productive year.

No comments:

Post a Comment