January 4, 2010

I am resolved

I am resolved not to have New Year's resolutions this year; instead, I have decided to set goals for 2010. I have compiled a list of goals that include such stereotypical items as losing weight, reading more, and becoming debt-free. Why do I think you care? I don't think you care. In fact, I know you don't; however, I also know that if I write down my goals where someone else can see them, those goals are more likely to be reached. So what are these goals?

1. Blog at least twice a week. One down for this week!

2. Become debt-free. Thankfully I never had a huge amount hanging over my head, but I'm much more keen on the idea of no amount.

3. Save more and spend less. I've found that I spend a lot on really ridiculous things like tons of movies and books, which I have no time to watch or read.

4. Read at least 24 books. I love to read, but never make time to do it. The goal is to read at least 12 fiction books and 12 non-fiction books this year. (Seeing as how goal #3 has already been set, my reading list will be comprised of books I already own.)

5. Lose 30 pounds. I took off 20 pounds in six months last year, so I think I'm up to the challenge of 30 pounds in 12 months. (I say that now, but when the cookies start calling, I might be singing a different tune.)

6. Become a ROC Star. No, I don't mean a rockstar. I have no ambition of singing in front of anyone. If I work out 100 times in 2010 at the ROC Fitness Center, I'll be named a ROC Star and get a snazzy t-shirt ... and bragging rights of course!

I think that's enough to keep me busy for a year. I'll help fulfill goal #1 by blogging occasionally about my progress on goals #2-6, so hopefully, for your sake, my progress will be speedy and full of interest.

3 comments:

  1. All of your stalkers along with myself care deeply about your ambitions for the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For your first nonfiction reading pleasure: The ZooKeepers Wife. Some parts you have to blast through, but it will be worth your while. I am also quite the fan of uncle john's bathroom readers, and am convinced that they count as nonfiction. buah ha ha ha....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check out The Zookeeper's Wife. It looks very interesting. I bet Emily would want to read it too. Thanks for the suggestion! Maybe I'll save Uncle John's Bathroom Readers for my 2011 reading list :)

    ReplyDelete