September 28, 2009

It's because I'm wearing tennis shoes

I'm having a great day today. I've had productive meetings, I've gotten some big tasks out of the way, and I'm just in a good mood, and I've decided it's because I'm wearing tennis shoes. I've noticed that what I wear and how my hair is "styled" (I use that term loosely) greatly affect the kind of day I have. Any day I wear jeans is a good day, but I've noticed that if I wear a t-shirt with jeans it has a much different feel than if I wear a dressy shirt with jeans. In the t-shirt I feel more relaxed and easy going, but in the dressy shirt, I feel more take charge. If I'm uncomfortable in my outfit, I'm uncomfortable all day. It really comes across in my work and my demeanor, but if I'm comfortable, I feel like I can do anything and I tend to get less stressed out. Today I'm wearing a pair of casual pants, a casual shirt with a vest over it, zero accessories and my most comfortable pair of tennis shoes, and I feel awesome. I certainly do not feel fashionable, but I'm happy and it's because I'm wearing tennis shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment