September 9, 2009

Ten Things Tuesday: 10 things I can't do/don't like to do on my iPhone


Technically, this is not Tuesday, but it is the second day of my work week, so I think it'll be okay if I post my Ten Things Tuesday on Wednesday this week. I promise not to make a habit of it. I was going to post this last night at home, but since I do not have internet at home, I tried to do it on my iPhone. Didn't work. So, here are the 10 things I can't do / don't like to do on my iPhone.

1. Blog. Blogspot wouldn't let me. I was so determined to blog yesterday that I was willing to develop arthritis in my thumbs from typing on a tiny keyboard. Maybe I should've gone with Wordpress. They have an app for that. (Hint, hint, Blogger!)
2. View Flash. I just can't. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. It's kind of inconvenient.
3. Follow a recipe. This is something I can do, but it can get quite messy. Since the screen doesn't stay on for very long, I have to use my food hands to view it again. I should probably just write the recipe on paper, but that's just not as cool as using my iPhone.
4. Watch videos. Watching any video longer than 10 minutes makes me paranoid that I am going to be cross-eyed for the rest of my life. It hasn't happened yet, but it could happen.
5. Respond to email. A simple "yes," "no," or "ok" is fine, but anything longer than that leaves too much room for error. Odd word replacement with spell check has been known to happen.
6. Record video. That's because I have the "old" version. How is it that my phone is already outdated and I only bought it in 6 months ago?
7. Have remote control. Yes, I can control iTunes on my computer from my phone, but I want to control people - specifically with a mute button.
8. Listen to music in the car. The automatic shuffle when you shake the phone is kind of obnoxious, especially if the road is bumpy. The puppet mission trip was a nightmare. I only listened to about 15 seconds of five songs before I switched back over to my iPod.
9. Talk/Text. These are kind of fundamental uses for a phone. I can't use my phone for talking or texting when in my office, which is in the depths of the building. It kind of defeats the purpose of carrying my phone to work. I do get my work out though. When I hear it ring, I answer and sprint upstairs saying "just a minute" and "hang on" over and over again.
10. Old school Google. I don't like to type things into Google. It takes far too much time and energy. Instead I use the voice search Google app. Yes, that's right. Information is no longer just accessible with the touch of a button, but also by voice command. Laziness at its best!

4 comments: