September 1, 2009

Ten Things Tuesday: 10 things you should never forget

I almost forgot to write my Ten Things Tuesday list, so I find it fitting to write a list of things you should never forget. Never forget to:

1. Smile. People might look forward to your smile every day. Plus you always look better when you smile than when you frown.
2. Tell others you appreciate them. You might feel really silly saying it, but it makes the other person feel awesome!
3. Be thankful for your job. Even if you don't enjoy your job at the moment, be thankful you have one. There are a lot of people right now that would do anything to be in your place.
4. Take the blame. If you messed up, own up to it. It makes you look better in everyone's eyes even though you feel worse.
5. Take the credit. If you did an awesome job, take the credit. You deserve it.
6. Give 100%. If you don't, someone else will have to pick up the slack. That won't make them very pleasant to be around.
7. Take risks. There's a 50% chance you will fail, but at least you tried it and know it won't work for next time. But there's also a 50% chance you will succeed. In that case, see #5.
8. Brush your teeth & put on deodorant. This is always a winning combination and a good way to start your day. You won't feel disgusting and I won't ... I mean, no one will think you are disgusting.
9. Laugh out loud. Whether you are in your living room alone or in a crowded movie theater, it's always a good thing to let out a good belly laugh every now and then. It makes you feel good the rest of the day.
10. Sleep. I can't say enough good things about sleep. As someone who couldn't sleep for about 12 years, I appreciate sleep and make use of my ability to do so every night. Plus you get a front row seat to whatever crazy dreams your brain concocts at night.

I'm sure there are a million other things that should be on this list, but these are things that I've been thinking about this week because I've either forgotten to do them or someone else has (see #8).

1 comment:

  1. Alyson - I love your blogspot. This one so far is my favorite. Especially No. 9. I try to do this one everyday.
    Miss seeing you.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete