August 25, 2009

Ten Things Tuesday: 10 things that made me smile

Yesterday I heard about a woman who at the end of every day lists ten good things that happened during that day. That made me start to wonder what would be on my list. Of course, then I started thinking about other lists (I love lists!). So I have decided to do Ten Things Tuesdays. To begin, here are ten things that have made me smile today:

1. Chick-fil-a. I live 9 minutes from Chick-fil-a, but it's 9 minutes in the direction I never drive, so yesterday I made the drive so I could enjoy the yumminess that is Chick-fil-a. This was yesterday, but I'm still smiling.
2. Cello case weight loss. I received a wonderful hard case and new cello for Christmas in 1997. After carrying the 25 pound load on my right shoulder for 12 years, I am now the proud owner of a soft case with backpack straps. It only weighs about 15 pounds and I can distribute the weight between two shoulders now.
3. Alphabetical Bible. One of my tasks each week is to proofread the scripture for Sunday morning. I was hunting for the book of Job and for a split second I tried finding it by alphabetical order. Just so you know, you will not find Job directly after Jeremiah.
4. Mannequins. I had the privilege of carrying a male mannequin torso through the church today. It's always fun to see the reactions.
5. Haikuesday. I thoroughly enjoy reading @jimmyfaseler and @ianspaterson Twitter Haikus.
6. Fruit Burritos. I love it when someone's comment on my status echoes what I was thinking as I typed it. Plus, I just love Melinda.
7. Sam's vitamins. Sam is an 81-year-old church volunteer with less-than-stellar hearing who takes about 12 pills a day. Someone asked if any of his pills were vitamins. His answer? Wednesday. I'm still laughing about that.
8. Freelance. I just finished up some freelance work and got my check today just in time to pay bills and buy groceries. That's definitely worth a smile.
9. Printing day. I worked for hours gathering, writing, and editing copy for our first monthly newsletter. Then I spent more time editing and re-editing. And, finally, it's printing day. That means it's out of my hands. That's a good feeling.
10. Sweeney Todd. As you walk through my church, you'll hear instrumental worship or one of about a thousand versions of Shout to the Lord, but when you step into the printshop, you are immediately greeted with the sounds of Sweeney Todd and a roaring printing press. That might explain a few things :)

3 comments:

  1. The combination of "Shout to the Lord" and "Sweeney Todd" sounds fun. I feel, combined, the could create the greatest church musical ever produced.

    ReplyDelete